Our perceptual experiences are created by our brains and do not necessarily correspond to the physical properties of the world. To clarify the mechanisms by which the human brain generates perceptual experiences, I am studying human brains using psychophysics and functional brain imaging techniques. Furthermore, I am trying to clarify the causal relationship between the brain and perception by investigating how the perceptual experience changes when magnetic or electric current stimulation is applied to the brain. My goal is to apply the findings from these studies to develop technologies that allow us to control our subjective senses at will and to create new perceptual experiences that we have never experienced before.
- Hayashi will be giving an invited talk at NIPS training course 2021 (Aug 6th, 2021).
- Hayashi will be giving an oral presentation at 43rd European Conference on Visual Perception (Aug 22nd - 27th, 2021).
- Hayashi will be giving an invited talk at the 45th Annual Meeting of the Neuropsychology Association of Japan (Sept 30th - Oct 1st, 2021).
NEWS & TOPICS
- Teruaki KIDO joined our team as a Cooperative Visiting Researcher. Welcome! (Jul 1st, 2021）
- Hayashi presented a poster at the CiNet Workshop for University Students (Jun 14th, 2021).
- Hayashi's research was introduced in a Japanese newspaper Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, published on Apr 27th, 2021. (Apr 29th, 2021)
- New website launched. (Apr 29th, 2021)