Our perceptual experiences are created by our brains and do not necessarily correspond to the physical properties of the world. To clarify the mechanisms by which the human brain generates perceptual experiences, I am studying human brains using psychophysics and functional brain imaging techniques. Furthermore, I am trying to clarify the causal relationship between the brain and perception by investigating how the perceptual experience changes when magnetic or electric current stimulation is applied to the brain. My goal is to apply the findings from these studies to develop technologies that allow us to control our subjective senses at will and to create new perceptual experiences that we have never experienced before.
- Kido and Hayashi will present their studies at NEURO2022 (Jun 30th - Jul 3rd, 2022)
- Hayashi will be giving a talk at the Consortium for Applied Neuroscience. (Oct 12th, 2022)
- Hayashi will be giving a talk at the seminar of Department of Psychology, The University of Tokyo. (Oct 28th, 2022)
NEWS & TOPICS
- Hayashi presented a poster at the CiNet Workshop for University Students (May 31st, 2022).
- Our new preprint on attentional rhythmic blink was posted on bioRxiv (Apr 15th, 2022)
- Graduate students Ryo KANECHI and Tomoki TAKAHASHI joined our team as Cooperative Visiting Researcher. Welcome! (Apr 7th, 2022）
- Hayashi has been appointed as Visiting Associate Professor at Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University (Apr 1st, 2022）
- Hayashi has been appointed as a principal investigator (PI) of Hayashi Group in CiNet (Apr 1st, 2022）
- Our new TMS study led by Ikko Kimura is published in Brain Stimulation (Mar 30th, 2022)
- Kimura's new preprint on the quadripulse stimulation was posted on bioRxiv（Mar 25th, 2022）
- Sugimoto's research proposal was selected for Jisedai fellowship for PhD students at Osaka University (Mar 24th, 2022）
- An article featuring Hayashi's work is published in BrainFacts.org (Mar 22nd, 2022)
- Hayashi presented a poster at the CiNet Workshop for University Students (Mar 15th, 2022).
- Hayashi's research proposal for the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) was accepted (Feb 28th, 2022).
- Hayashi gave a talk at the 19th Annual Meeting of The Japanese Society for Cognitive Psychology (Feb 28th, 2022).
- Sugimoto won Encouragement Award for his poster presentation at the Grant meeting for Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas "Chronogenesis" (Feb 13th, 2022)
- Kido, Sugimoto and Hayashi presented posters at the Grant meeting for Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas "Chronogenesis" (Feb 12th-13th, 2022)
- Kimura presented a poster on his work with Hayashi at The 7th CiNet Conference: New horizons in brain mapping (Feb 1st, 2022)
- Our new paper with Kimura, Oishi and Amano was published in Cerebral Cortex Communications.
- An small article written by Hayashi was published in Clinical Neuroscience (Japanese) (Feb, 2022)
- Our new paper with Sugiyama, Hiroyasu, Nomura and Yotsumoto (Univ. Tokyo) was published in The Japanese Journal of Psychology. (Dec, 2021)
- Kimura (Osaka Univ.) gave a talk on our recent collaborative TMS study at The 51st Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (Dec 17th, 2021).
- Shihomi KAWASAKI joined our team as a Technical Staff. Welcome! (Dec 1st, 2021）
- Hayashi gave a talk at Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan (Oct 7th, 2021)
- Hayashi gave a talk at a Symposium VI of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Neuropsychology Association of Japan (Oct 1st, 2021)
- Kimura (Osaka Univ.) presented a poster on our recent collaborative study at Brainbox Initiative Conference 2021 (Sept 22nd, 2021)
- Our new preprint on the collaborative project led by Kimura (Osaka Univ.) was posted on bioRvix.（Aug 31st, 2021）
- Hayashi gave a talk at 43rd European Conference on Visual Perception (Aug 25th, 2021)
- Hayashi gave a Special Lecture at NIPS training course 2021 (Aug 6th, 2021)
- Teruaki KIDO joined our team as a Cooperative Visiting Researcher. Welcome! (Jul 1st, 2021）
- Hayashi presented a poster at the CiNet Workshop for University Students (Jun 14th, 2021)
- Hayashi's research was introduced in a Japanese newspaper Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, published on Apr 27th, 2021. (Apr 29th, 2021)
- New website launched. (Apr 29th, 2021)