Our perceptual experiences are created by our brains and do not necessarily correspond to the physical properties of the world. To clarify the mechanisms by which the human brain generates perceptual experiences, I am studying human brains using psychophysics and functional brain imaging techniques. Furthermore, I am trying to clarify the causal relationship between the brain and perception by investigating how the perceptual experience changes when magnetic or electric current stimulation is applied to the brain. My goal is to apply the findings from these studies to develop technologies that allow us to control our subjective senses at will and to create new perceptual experiences that we have never experienced before.
- Kimura (Osaka Univ.) will be giving a poster presentation on our recent collaborative study at Brainbox Initiative Conference 2021 (Sept 21st-24th, 2021).
- Hayashi will be giving a talk at a Symposium VI of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Neuropsychology Association of Japan (Oct 1st, 2021).
- Hayashi will be giving a talk at Society of Automitive Engineers of Japan (Oct 7th, 2021).
- Our new paper with Sugiyama, Hiroyasu, Yotsumoto (Univ. Tokyo) will be published in The Japanese Journal of Psychology.
- Kimura (Osaka Univ.) will be giving a talk on our recent collaborative study at The 51st Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (Dec 16th-18th, 2021).
NEWS & TOPICS
- Our new preprint on the collaborative project led by Kimura (Osaka Univ.) was posted on bioRvix.（Aug 31st, 2021）
- Hayashi gave a talk at 43rd European Conference on Visual Perception (Aug 25th, 2021).
- Hayashi gave a Special Lecture at NIPS training course 2021 (Aug 6th, 2021).
- Teruaki KIDO joined our team as a Cooperative Visiting Researcher. Welcome! (Jul 1st, 2021）
- Hayashi presented a poster at the CiNet Workshop for University Students (Jun 14th, 2021).
- Hayashi's research was introduced in a Japanese newspaper Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, published on Apr 27th, 2021. (Apr 29th, 2021)
- New website launched. (Apr 29th, 2021)